July 31, 2012
D-Day. Fifth birthday for Isaac. I can't believe it. He's so BIG! Still out camping, we decide that it would be so "fun" to hike to see Timpanogos cave.
If you're in good shape this hike is no biggy. I'm far from being in good shape. I was suckin' wind.
I go on walks at least 3x/week. 2-3 miles. They're all on flat surfaces, though. UP hill the whole way. EESH!
Taking a break before going inside the cave. Our birthday boy was very excited!
Inside the "waiting room" waiting for our tour guide.
formations.
A very tight squeeze when you're holding a baby and wearing a backpack!
Coolness! Isaac came prepared. Flashlight in hand!
We made it! Our tour guide kinda reminds me of a less cute Brendan Frasier.
Taking a break as we trek back down.
A goofy shot...Kyle was DETERMINED to get Daddy's hat off.
All that fun had this boy all tuckered out.
MUSK-ELY BIRTHDAY MAN!
Braving the frigged waters of Tibble Fork Reservoir! bRRRR!
A water crab? I can't remember what this is, but the kids were fascinated by it.
Allison took it upon herself to build a nest for any needing creature. Thoughtful that girl is.
After all our hiking and water fun, we headed back to camp for presents, dinner and cake! Fancy camping wrapping!
Oh how he's been wanting one of these.
What's better than one stick? TWO!
Staying busy while dinner is cooking.
Isaac was very particular about wanting a dirt cake with lots of worms. Done and done.
I think this Mister loved his birthday this year. It sure was event packed!
pretty waterfall on our way down the mountains.
Isaac opened the rest of his presents at home. There was just no way we were fitting these in our van w/ all our gear and keep it hidden. He was totally fine with it. What a good sport!
Happy Birthday Isaac!
We are so blessed to have you in our family.
Love,
Daddy, Mommy, Allison and Kyle
1 comment:
Tour guide totally looks like Brendan Frasier-- good call. How long is the hike up to the cave? I haven't done it since I was a kid but I remember that it wasn't easy!
Post a Comment