The kids started getting antsy, so we took a Thursday just before school started and went to Wheeler Farm for some pioneer-type fun. I had really never been to Wheeler Farm for anything except company BBQs, so this was a first for all of us!
We toured this old pioneer home. Allison was in awe.
This cow, LOVED Allison. She kept throwing her head over the fence post so Allison could give her more and more ear scratches...which just gave Miss A incentive to do it more!
Babies! They're just so cute!! And sneaky! They kept squeezing their bodies thru those white wire fences. We really couldn't believe they could wiggle thru that so well!
She couldn't keep her hands off any willing participants.
My sis and her son Zac came along for the fun.
Isaac new to his cast, I wheeled him around in his stroller.
The tractor/machine barn was pretty cool.
Cow Milking...getting instruction and trying to patiently wait.
They each got a turn to milk the cow. Isaac wasn't so sure about it saying, "Mom! I touched the cow's boobies!"
Zac was all pinching...such a patient cow. I, personally, wouldn't have liked his method.
Yet again, Allison was in heaven. She did a fantastic job getting that milk out. It's like she should have been born to farm life.
All of us. We had a fun day in the hot Wheeler Farm sun. It was worth it. We would definitely go back.
2 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I would have come!
last photo is so well composed! Looks like a terrific way to keep the kids happy!
Post a Comment