Monday, August 15, 2011

Days of '47 2011 Style

 We took our annual trip to see the Days of '47 Parade floats at the Southtowne Expo Center.  We had lots of fun, again, though were kinda disappointed in how few floats there were in comparison to previous years.  Here are some highlights.
 Always a fan of anything RSL!
Yes, this is the BYU float.  I just thought those donkey looked pretty amazing... 
With cousins, Abby, Michael and Anna.
 I think this is one we all liked...though the kids wouldn't cooperate and look at the camera.  I'm 29 weeks in this photo.
 Adorable Mister, as always!
 The kids are drawn to these...I mean, who wouldn't be!?
This one was my favorite.  I even voted for it!  It was Draper City's.  Brilliant, if you ask me.  It portrayed how Draper, UT was/is the eggbasket of UT during WWII.  There were hen coops all over the city and so many eggs were produced they shipped them all over to troops, etc.  How they managed to do that during that time period, I don't know....sooo cool, just the same!
Isaac and cousin Michael loved this train float. 
 This one was Mister's favorite, though.
This float was trying to "buy" votes.  There was one of those "fishing" booths the kids were allowed to play and fish for a prize.  The kids of course LOVED it!  I think they both got a tootsie roll.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Wow. Those are awesome. I'm glad you posted pics because I didn't even know about that! You're getting down to the wire with baby #3!! Hooray. Can't wait to see the little one!

Julie L said...

Once more a fun day in the Jensen home. You do so many things with your family to help create happy bonding moments. Way to go!