At the end of July we went with Steven's Dad, Step-Mom and Uncle to a Jensen reunion of sorts to the mountains of Eden, UT. The views were spectacular. The cell and internet coverage..only available at the lodge and spotty at that. :) Most of the family was able to come for the whole week-long trip. Unfortunately Steven had to work a lot of Bees games so we went up Wednesday thru Saturday. It was perfect!
About the time we arrived, Grandpa Tom had discovered a fishing hole...Hidden Lake. Fishing is one of his most favorite pastimes. He brought everyone along to enjoy it with him. It was a LONG hike to the lake, no motorized vehicle access and thus I was unable to go...by order of Steven.
BUT he took the kids!!! I was able to have lots of free lounging time to go to the lodge and use their internet and work, and sit in our room and read my book. It was the most relaxed I've been in a LOOONGG time! I loved it!
This swing was a favorite of the kids. The first trip, we didn't realize that the water would be so murky and yet so fun to dive into. We came home with MUDDY MUDDY clothes and happy kids. All worth it.
Isaac really enjoyed the fishing time with Grandpa and Uncle Don.
Both kids were able to catch a fish...though only Allison's is documented.
Steven even got in on all the fish catching action!
Cute cousins having a GREAT time at Hidden Lake.
Such a good helper. I'm glad it was him...I don't like touching all that slimy stuff.
Father and son.
Getting ready to gut the fish....playing with them a bit first.
Grandma Pam had a brilliant idea to make tie-dyed shirts w/ the kids...using spray paint!
They LOVED it!
This little nest was in the rafters of our deck and full of babies!!!
We all thought that was pretty darn cool.
Homemade pinata fun.
There was even some swimming....
and diving....
and good 'ol fashioned family fun!
1 comment:
Oh, Lisa, seeing these pictures I feel as though there's an entire part of summer I have totally missed - for many years. I really miss the mountains here in Utah! And the mountain lakes. We used to go camping every summer but my sweet nighttime needs to have a bathroom handy have really put a damper on that. And I confess I miss it.
Hidden Lake looks idyllic. Somehow the water does not look murky and muddy in these pictures. But what a fun day for the kids to go fishing. And what a fun, well-deserved day off for you.
Post a Comment