Monday, May 30, 2011

Roadtrip HOME from Wicked

On our way home from our Wicked adventure in Boise, ID we decided to visit the Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls, Idaho.  We thought it would be good to get out of the car and wiggle our legs, too.  The roads in were not well marked, so I was extremely grateful for the GPS feature on my cell phone to guide us.  We made it, and boy!  Were we surprised!  The falls are incredible!  Steven said these falls are just as incredible as when he visited Niagara Falls.  Though Niagara is wider, Shoshone is MUCH taller!

 Can you believe I'm 20 weeks pregnant in this photo!?!  I hardly look pregnant.  Later that night we went bowling w/ Isaac and my belly is unmistakable!  Weird how some clothes do that to ya.
BREATHTAKING!
I really wanted to take a detour to a cheese factory in Logan, too.  I was outvoted on that one.  Apparently, I was more excited in the journey and what we could see along the way than getting home.  Next time we go visit Steven's grandma in Logan, he promised we could go.  I really want some squeaky cheese!!!  YUM!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! That looks wonderful! I went on a hike yesterday to some falls here in Sequim Washington and they were not nearly that tall but the hike there was terrific. We walked nearly 12 miles yesterday.
Last I heard Molly was getting tickets to see Wicked in LA this December. It will be my first time!

Amy said...

I love squeaky cheese I will go with you too!

Julie L said...

Look at the gorgeous weather you had for the trip home! Hard to believe it was so miserable for us the week before. I grew up with the Falls in my backyard and just took them so for granted. Of course, most of the year they don't have quite as much water as a lot gets diverted for irrigation, but this year they've been exceptional. Glad you found them. My grandfather's farmland went to the brim of the canyon not far from the Falls.