Friday, May 20, 2011

Baby's First Photos

Well, who would'a thunk it.  We had our ultrasound and found out 
we're having a BOY!


I seriously thought, and wanted it to be, a girl.  One reason mainly.  I want Allison to have a sister with whom she can share a great friendship bond with, like I have with my sister.  When this baby arrives, she'll be almost 8 already.  So, by the time baby #4 would be making its presence into our family (if it's a girl that time) they would be 10+ years apart!  I'm broken hearted for my daughter and the possibility of not having that amazing relationship, BUT I cannot wait to see if our boys will have that kind of bond.  You never know how personalities will be, but I am hoping and praying that our kids grow to have an amazing friendship bond as they grow older.  It would make my heart so happy!!!

Doesn't this 3D photo look weird?  It's of baby's hands covering head...so the tech says.  I just think it looks like weird blobs.  I'm going to have to find out if I can get a good profile 2D photo.  That's my favorite!
I love these angles.

We also got a DVD copy of our ultrasound...I wanted to put it on here, but it's not letting me upload it onto YouTube.  I'm pretty bummed about that.  I also recorded it from my computer monitor using our video camera and for the life of me, cannot get it to download from my camera in a suitable format.  ARUGH!  Stay 
tuned!

In the meantime...anyone have any good BOY names to suggest? 

6 comments:

Julie L said...

You know, I have two sisters - one's five years younger and the other is ten years younger. I was their mean babysitter when they were growing up, but now we are all absolute best of friends. I couldn't imagine life without them. However, I feel the same about my three brothers! Brothers bring a different aspect to the table. Allison's going to be friends with all her siblings one day. She may have to grow up first, but it's going to happen.

Congratulations again! Another little future missionary, father, Priesthood holder, awesome man. You are a fortunate family, for sure!

Kara said...

Love the pix!!!

P.S. I have a sis that is 10 years younger than me and it can still work.......Allison may have a super great bond with her brothers, too. :)

Natalie said...

I felt exactly the same about Baby Luke not being a girl. I was absolutely certain that he would be a she...and he wasn't! I was a little broken hearted because I love my sisters so and I wanted that so badly for my Kate, but I've turned it into a positive...It's gonna be me and her that are besties! And I'm so excited! Congrats!

P.S. Brothers are fun too! Michael and Luke are 2 years apart and Luke is ALMOST old enough to be a playmate! It makes me excited for the future fun we'll have!

Amara said...

Congratulations! I was really disappointed that Kai wasn't a girl, but when he was born I just fell in love. :) His sisters both love to play with him --and still (although he's almost seven) fight over his attention. So happy for you!

Adams Family said...

Congrats!!! I am the oldest, and have two brothers younger than me & i actually had a blast with them--my sister is 8 years younger and we didn't have a strong relationship until she graduated from highschool; so i think you got the best side of the deal :)

Leslie said...

Definitely a bonus for girls that will be born around the same time. I think I was born during a shortage of men.