These two crazy kids were NOT enjoying getting dressed for Easter Sunday...but here they are in the best picture I could get from them. Allison's dress bought a few sizes bigger because it looked sooo tiny on the rack, ended up wearing HUGE on her...oh well. That's what we get for not trying things on before day-of. :o(
After church we went over to Steven's Mom's house for some Easter fun. We had dinner and after decorated eggs. This is what Allison had been nagging at me all weekend to do. She was happy I finally gave in.
The egg-coloring party animals!
Allison showing off two of the eggs she colored. Top is just yellow, but the bottom one is her artwork of what her Bunnaby (favorite stuffed bunny) looks like on an easter egg.
Cuteness just exudes when you're having fun!
After the eggs were colored, Aunt Ashley had a great idea to do some egg rolling. Being the competitive family that we all are, it sounded AWESOME! IT WAS! Everyone had a BLAST! Thanks Ashley for a great idea and I think a new family tradition!
Isaac wasn't really into the egg rolling, he was more into body rolling.
Our brave competitors.
The contest ended with a giant multiple-bodied roll down the hill started by Uncle Matt and finished off with a group tackle.
Gramma Dixie goofed. She put the bag of war-beaten eggs into the recycling dumpster. OOPS! Allison was ready to go in after them (don't ask me about that tongue...I don't get it either)...at which point the rest of the cousins wanted in on the action.
After being deprived of any fun activities where I took pictures at for the past few months, Allison was trying to get me to take pictures of her everywhere. I didn't realize she had missed the camera lens so much until this day. Heehee...just like her Aunt Amy! So, we grabbed a couple of willing cousins and snapped some cute photos. Top Crispin and Allison. Bottom Eden and Allison.
Thanks to Gramma Dixie and Grampa Steve for a fun Easter Sunday!
2 comments:
Everything looks so fun. I have to admit half of me misses coloring eggs. The other half doesn't however, so it's okay. One friend posted that her father-in-law hides two eggs for each person, including the adults. They have their names on them, and they have to find their own egg. If they come across someone else's then they can't say anything - and he hides them in impossible to find places. Thought that sounded like a fun way to keep the big ones in on the fun.
I like the egg rolling idea, too. I think Allison is growing up way too fast, by the way! She's a doll.
Your kids are so beautiful. So cute. Looks like lots of fun :) And did I see tulips?!! And green grass?? Lucky!
Post a Comment