Friday, March 4, 2011

Birthday Girl

I'm super behind in my blogging.  I make no excuses. Life is what it is right now.

January 30, 2011

We had grandparents over for Allison's birthday fun.  Grandma Dixie and Grandpa Steve (Stevens Mom and step-dad) gave her a unicorn pillow pet...which she quickly named "UNI" and it hasn't left her side since. 
 My parents gave her some fun craft projects which she completed within the first 24 hours...she loves crafts!
This cute birthday girl insists on the number candles, so I oblige.  I like them, too.  It's something my Dad got us hooked on.  I should've taken a picture with Allison holding up her present from us.  Tickets to see Wicked in Boise, ID in May, but I'm just now thinking about it.  She was pretty bummed to not have anything to open from us, but she's even more excited to go see Wicked!

 The cake.  I was going for a layered effect, but it turned into a tie-dyed cake. DELICIOUS none the less, and it looked pretty cool, too. The frosting is a buttercream with a hint of cream cheese.  BIG flavor and everyone loved it...including the birthday girl!

4 comments:

Julie L said...

The cake is absolutely darling, Lisa! And the gift for her has to be the best ever! I tried to talk Brent into going, but we've got so many theater tickets this year, we decided to pass. You will LOVE it!!!!

Kara said...

ohmygosh that is the coolest cake ever. Make me one, pules??!!! Allison is such a doll.

Amy said...

The cake turned out great! I love the tiedye! So cool!

Anonymous said...

That cake is awesome! I can't believe that rich color, that's so amazing.