It was snowing when we first got there, and wondered if we would even have fun despite the weather.
A roaming chicken...or bird or something like that.
Lettuce!? These birds were eating lettuce! Seems crazy, but Isaac thought it was pretty cool.
Swoop, the hawk. In the flesh and flying for us!
How cool is THAT!?! Go UTES!
This vulture was a real show-man! LOVED spreading it's wings and flapping anytime anyone was nearby. I was just glad it was in a cage!!!
Trying to be vultures. They've got the height down, but not the wingspan. Bummer.
We went as part of this condor's birthday party. He turned 52! Wowza! Who knew they could live so long! The kids sure loved watching that bird dig into his piñata for his birthday!
The aviary even had mock condor wings fashioned for the kids to try on. Allison LOVED trying this out. Isaac, not so much.
There's even an Argentina birds exhibit that's all indoors. We HAD to see that. Though I don't know that Steven saw too many of these birds on his mission. Sad, but thankfully we are able to see them now. This Toucan was perched on a tree right by me and NOT in a cage! I managed pretty well, but once the birds start flapping their wings, I'm a wreck. I don't know why, but birds flying at my head is a big fear of mine!
Aw, we're a bunch of birdie nuts!
Fam Photo. Aren't Flamingos so amazing!?
3 comments:
I'm amazed they're outside while you're all outside in your winter gear. Crazy flamingos. ANd it's so cool that your fam has nearby fun stuff :) Didja buy the book yet? hehe. I'll email you my faves.
Fun day! It's obviously been a very long time since we've been to the Aviary. Looks like it's time to go back. There are a lot of changes, to say the least!
Brr looks like cold fun!
Post a Comment