Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Jensen Family Christmas Eve 2010

December 24, 2010

Usually for Christmas Eve we get together with Steven's Mom and his family for a BIG party.  This year, it ended up being on the 26th, leaving our Christmas Eve open for some great family fun.  So, we went out to dinner at Red Robin.  YUM! Then went to Temple Square like everyone else (and their dog)!  Haa!
 The lights weren't as spectacular as they seemed when I was growing up, but the kids LOVED them just the same.
 It's not often I get cute smiles like this from the Mister.  I want to "eat them up" when I see them, though.  
 The reflection pool.  How incredible those little tea lights look floating in the water with the temple in the background and Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus sitting in the center.  Definitely sets the mood.
 The shepherds and our family photo.  It was pretty darn'd cold that night...can you tell???
 Taking a break from walking, I couldn't help but snap this picture of our two cuties!
 How COOL is that red flaming tree behind us!?!  
 We had to park 3 Salt Lake blocks away so this Mister was super super tired of walking.  He's so lucky he's still just the right size for a piggy back ride on Daddy!
When we got home, we wanted to leave treats out for Santa.  Chocolate chip cookies were what was chosen as well as some carrot sticks for the reindeer.  Then we put Santa's special key on the front door since we don't have an official fireplace.
Christmas Disney jammies for the Princess.
Toy Story jammies for the Mister.


 Daddy has enough jammies, so he got a new pillow courtesy of IKEA.  Mister had to test it out with Daddy since this is really how he really sleeps at night.  Cuddled up with Daddy.  Sometimes I wonder why he has his own bed.
Mommy got a new pair of jammies, but we forgot to get a picture of hers.  It's all good.  

3 comments:

Julie L said...

Just love the pictures with the temple, and Mister's smile? Don't you just want to squeeze those precious cheeks? It's been too long since we've been to Temple Square at Christmas time. Need to add that to our "to do" list for next year for sure. Maybe not Christmas Eve, but sometime...
Looks like you had a very special evening with the family. That's exactly how it should be, something to treasure forever!

Kara said...

I miss Temple Square. And we miss your family. Jayson is frequently saying, "I wish the Jensens were our neighbors. How cool would that be?"

susan said...

Great pictures of the family. From Susan.