Steven was working one Saturday afternoon, so I called my friend Kira up and we met downtown and took the kids on a tour of the LDS Church History Museum. It used to have a fun kids area, but we happened to time it just right so that it was closed and about a week before the new one opened. Bummer. We still had a great time.
This little pioneer log home is situated between the two church history buildings and so we went inside and I gave the kids a brief description of what everything was. I couldn't believe how interested Allison was! She wanted to know more and more. Then when a man came up to look at it, she volunteered all the information to him that I had just told her, as if she was a tour guide. The man couldn't believe how much she knew! Haa! Her interest didn't stop there, though.
She had us sit and watch a 20 min movie about the pioneers who came across the ocean from England. Then she wanted to watch another clip on this computer screen in another area.
I can't even imagine what it would have been like traveling in these harsh winter conditions in a covered wagon!
Allison and Isaac playing on the replica boat beds.
. We spent some time in one of the Visitor's Centers as well.
I really loved this picture of the kids with the Temple in the background. I'm so grateful I can tell our children that this is where Mommy and Daddy were sealed so we can be a family FOREVER! They LOVE hearing all about that story, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment