I'm still playing catch-up...this comes from Mid August.
Every month we get together with my family for
FHE (Family Home Evening), something that as Members of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints we participate in. Other than that we haven't really done any big trips together since Steven and I were first married...and even then we couldn't go. So, after 7 1/2 years of marriage, this was our first official "Coulliette Family Campout"...hopefully we will make it an annual event!
We drove out to
Moon Lake, UT in the Uintas. I couldn't believe how beautiful the Uinta Mountains are. Even though we were there mid-August, we FROZE at night! How crazy is that!?!

My parents brought their Canoe, and we all took turns riding around the lake and playing in the water.

The whole Jensen Family Canoeing on Moon Lake!

Steven (L) trying to look tough while freezing in the lake...Dad (R) with his dog Gunnar and Allison.

Dad kept throwing Gunnar into the water by lifting him by his collar and tail...it was HILARIOUS! It didn't take Gunnar long to realize he didn't like that cold water, either. Haaahaa!

Allison was as happy as could be while camping...for the record, Isaac was, too. He just doesn't like the water nearly as much as Allison. We were outside the whole time which she LOVES! Being able to swim in the lake was the "icing on the cake" so to speak. She can't wait to go camping again. Quite honestly, neither can I. I forgot how FUN camping is...we'll definitely be planning more family camping trips next year!



We even took our bikes and bike trailer and went for a ride. It was much shorter than we wanted since a particular 6 year-old girl was not in the mood...darn'd scooters. I LOVE LOVE LOVE a good bike ride!!!!!
August 12-14, 2010.
3 comments:
Oh, fun! Our very first camping trip with our little ones was to Moon Lake. Tonya was just a baby, and we went and bought a Springbar tent just for the trip. It lightening and thundered all night and the windows were frozen shut in the morning. We packed up, went home and took the kids to Lagoon instead.
But many camping trips later, we figured out how to stay warm and safe at the same time, and actually love our memories of that inaugural Moon Lake night. Reading this brings it all back. Thank you.
My family goes camping every year over the 24 of July weekend. We go to Flaming Gorge. It's a blast!! I would strongly encourage you to encourage your family to keep it up.
YAY! SO happy for you and the camping!!!
Post a Comment