Monday, September 27, 2010

Anniversary Date...FINALLY!

This year for our anniversary (which happens to be in April) we decided to splurge and buy ourselves tickets to see the Lion King on Broadway. It was so hard to wait for our big anniversary date night, but it ended up being well worth it! We ate at Christopher's Seafood and Steak. We'd never eaten there and I have to say, if you haven't tried it, you better go. It was FANTASTIC!!!! We both went all-out. Steven got a big Steak and I got the Surf and Turf with Scallops...my favorite! HEAVENLY! Well worth the $45/plate...yes! I can really understand why/how small portions of food would be enough at a nice restaurant. When it tastes THAT good, you really don't need a lot. Small bites and the incredible juicy flavor make your mouth sing with happiness. Mmmm....I can just taste it now! After dinner, we walked over to the Capitol Theater and enjoyed the show. Lion King was as amazing as everyone said it was. The only disappointing part was that they took out the song, "the Morning Report" that Zazu sings. We LOVE that addition to the Disney movie and have been listening to the Original Broadway Cast recording so much before in anticipation for the show (which has that song on it), that we kept feeling like it was missing. Bummer. From the costumes, to makeup and special effects, we were in complete AWE! So much so, that I forgot to take any additional pictures except these as we rushed inside just before it was about to start!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

So, now I'm totally hungry! It all sounds so good! I've always wanted to see the Lion King live. Looks like fun.

Kara said...

Lucky!!! I love extra special nights out with the husband! :)