Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Circus Comes to Town

September 22, 2010

The Ringling Brothers Circus came to town and in celebration, Isaac and I went to the parade celebrating their arrival. It wasn't nearly as spectacular as I had hoped, not even an ounce of circus-y music was being blasted thru the streets. Oh well. The whole 7 minutes it lasted were still somewhat fun.
Police officers handed out clown noses and stickers to the kids waiting along the streets of the Gateway Mall.
How anyone could walk on these stilts and not be terrified of the height is AMAZING!
Big Buddah from our very own Fox 13, atop the giant fake elephant.
Look! Lara McKee, Jake & David came along for the fun too! Sadly, the boys were too mesmerized to take a second to look back at me for a photo.
We're all intently watching.
The Mister and I, together at last!
Mister was a bit nervous about the size of the elephants, although cool. See how little that scared wave is!
My sister (far right) also showed up with her friend and their kids. Allison was in School and I'm really glad. The Mister and I had a great time hanging out just the two of us. We went to the Clark Planetarium after the Parade.
He LOVED playing in there. It was SO hard to get him to hold still for a picture with so much fun going on around him!

THIS was his FAVORITE part. I literally had to PRY him from this toy. Seriously. We tried to walk away, but he didn't want that to happen, and would run right back here. Obsessed. Boy. Need I say more!?

My sister took some crazy pictures for us at the planetarium, too. When I get them from her, I'll post them here....if they turned out that is.

3 comments:

Kayley said...

He sure is a cutie! I love his smile.

Julie L said...

Fun day! It's been forever since we've been to the planetarium. Must put that on my list, too!

Kara said...

LOVE THE MOHAWK!!!!! And he is just the most handsome, cutest thing ever!