Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 5, part 1::Bridal Veil Falls

Thursday, June 24th (I'm so far behind in my blogging), we spent the whole day in Utah County.  First on our agenda was to "hike" to Bridal Veil Falls.  After the hikes we'd done during the week at Zions, I was anticipating a much more strenuous hike.  It wasn't.  Not even close.  It was more like a paved bike/walking trail and extremely short.  Oh well.  It was still fun to play in.  Even though the falls were absolutely breathtaking, the water that had pooled at the bottom of the falls was FREEZING!!  I don't know why I expected warm water when it was run off directly from the mountains and it was near 95 degrees outside. Still, you would think SOME of that hot sun would've warmed up the water a titch.  Regardless, Allison was our first to brave the frigid waters...and the LAST to get out, too!  That's our girl!


 Family Photo-op.
 Then we blinked and all of a sudden she was 1/2 way up the falls.  Steven climbed up after her.  She went pretty far up before he caught up to her and made her come back down.  Look at how far they got, though!  I think this is the most incredible looking shot, too!  Allison and Steven are in the bottom right corner.  You can mostly just see Steven in his blue shirt.  Allison was right in front of him.
 My Waterfall Hikers. 
Isaac and Grandpa Tom (Steven's Dad) were hanging out on the opposite side of the falls where the river was running (there's a bridge and walkway in between).  Grandpa would hand Isaac a rock and Isaac would throw the rock into the water.  It was good bonding time for these two AND Isaac has been obsessed with rocks and throwing them into the water ever since. 
Isaac didn't want to feel left out of the falls hiking event, so he jumped in for a mini hike with Daddy.  He was pretty happy about that.  
 Steven, Isaac, Grandpa Tom and Allison at one of the bridges along the trail to Bridal Veil Falls.
Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE the timer feature on our camera!?!  
Family picture featuring an appearance by Grandpa Tom.

1 comment:

Julie L said...

Summer fun is the cement between all the blocks of life. What great memories! I love this last picture of all of you. How you caught those great smiles with a timer is beyond me, but it is terrific! (and personally, for me the hike up Bridal Veil Falls would NOT feel like an easy hike!)