Thursday, February 25, 2010

Valentine's & Birthdays

Steven has the unfortunate fate of being a Valentine's Baby.  Yes. I think it's harder for the guy to be a V-Day baby than it is for a girl.  He plays along pretty well though.  I try to remind him that every day should be Valentines Day for me.  Does it happen.  No.  I'm okay with that, really.  I much prefer spoiling him and doing all the birthday celebrations anyway. 

For his birthday, he chose to go see Avatar in 3D
I obliged, unwillingly, but since it was his birthday I put on a happy face.  To my surprise, I was wearing a happy face going out, too, though it was combined with the "I've had to pee for the last 2 hours" face.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Liked it a lot more than I ever thought I would.  He claims we need it in our collection, I say otherwise. 
We then went to Iggy's for dinner and were lucky enough to time it just right to get seated in the BEST seat right in front of one of the big screens just in time for the Olympics opening ceremonies to start!  I KNOW!  We had a blast watching and eating and just having a great date night!
Sunday after all his meetings were over, we had dinner with cake and presents.
He chose cheesecake this year...premade from the Cheesecake factory and Sam's Club.  I made the DELICIOUS raspberry sauce adorning the top. 
A new razor.  Not exciting, but REALLY needed!
Even though it was his birthday, this wonderful husband of mine bought me flowers. 
TULIPS!
They're my FAVORITE!
I pulled a pot out from the basement to sit the flowers in and I have to say, I'm LOVING this new decoration on my kitchen table.  I may need to be supplied with a new boquet of flowers weekly to keep my spirits happy. 

3 comments:

Julie L said...

Okay, I definitely would vote for keeping the flowers fresh through the rest of the winter into slush season. They look so beautiful! And do you have a recipe for the raspberry sauce? That looks absolutely delish!

LaurieW said...

I think Mr. Jensen looks MIGHTY happy with his new razor :) lol

Wish upon a Starr said...

What a pretty pot! And the flowers are so spring-y! What a lucky girl!