Friday, February 19, 2010

New Windows for her Eyes

I took Allison in for her 6 year-old check up a few weeks ago. She looks great everywhere. For her height, she's in the 75% and weight 85%. Dr. was pleased.

What didn't look good...her eyes. She didn't pass the eye exam for her left eye. She was being quite dramatic about not seeing things with that eye, much like the drama stunts she pulls all the time...BUT I just felt like I should take her to see the eye doctor to be sure.

Well the results are in...
Glasses are a MUST!
Her left eye is farsighted BAD and her right is nearsighted. Both need prescriptions but the left is 2x stronger than the right! Wow! I guess she wasn't being so dramatic after all. This would also explain her headaches. So glad to have found out now.
She has to go back in for a followup in 3 months to see how her left eye is doing. Depending on how it looks she may or may not need a new prescription and/or a patch. Sad. Scary for her. Bad Mom award is on its way in the mail...again...
She really wanted to do a photoshoot like a model...
I took so many poses, but these are the winners.
This one was her favorite since it shows off her new glasses AND her missing tooth.
Two pairs. Purple and Red/Pink.
She picked them out all on her own. Cute and sassy style, that girl has.
She liked the flower details on this one.
(Which is her favorite pair right now.)
I LOVE this one...but hey, it's red...what's not to love!?
Steven and Grandma Dixie have told us of this story about his family when growing up and they were standing in a line...all wearing their glasses. Well, a Mom of some kid told her child to "stay here next to the glasses family."

Allison is very familiar with that story so she couldn't wait to get home and take a picture of the three of us wearing our glasses. Too funny! I just can't believe we got this cute smile from our Mister, too.

I want new cute glasses now, too....

6 comments:

Julie L said...

She's darling in those glasses, and looking more and more like her mom every day. Which, by the way, is a beautiful thing!

Amy said...

It makes me feel old too! She looks cute, but I am going to have a hard time getting used to the new look thats for sure!

LaurieW said...

You are ALL too cute!!! I, on the other hand, can't wait until I can get contacts again. ONE DAY!!! lol

Wish upon a Starr said...

She looks so cute and happy in those glasses! And I just had to laugh over the lost tooth story. The after pictures were too funny! Where do these girls come up with so much drama?!

NICOLE said...

I finally found you!!!

♥ Nicoole

Kara said...

WHat a cutie and a fashionista!