I wasn't planning on doing ANYTHING with the premier of the new Twilight Movie, "New Moon" but an opportunity happened to fall into our laps. I won a contest from a blog site called Freebies2Deals that included all kinds of fun stuff. Or so I thought. The first was tickets to a concert the Thursday night, November 19th for The Mitch Hansen Band. Sounded cool, right. NOpe.
They had this highschool band performing first. Steven was all sentimental about seeing them play because:
1. He was in a Ska band in Highschool (played the Trombone)
2. because of #1, he's an avid supporter of Local Bands.
Then there was me. All I could think of was how little and young these guys looked playing up there. Then I started doing the math...how long has it really been since High School...WOAH! Just since Graduation it's been almost 13 years. Yeah! OLD. So, on top of feeling OLD because of dates, I was feeling OLD because none of it was any good. When did I really become so picky about my music!? Maybe this time I can blame it on my kids. I don't listen to the radio much anymore. It's all about CDs that will calm kids down as we drive. I know...I know.
The Skaofficianiados
(I think that's how you spell it)
**Update-Steven has since corrected me on the spelling and I've made the changes. Sorry if it bugged anyone that I couldn't spell Ska!
Then the Mitch Hansen Band came out. I'm sure they've had good music in the past, but seeing as I'm just not a "Twi-hard" I wasn't impressed with the music...rather irritated. AND was annoyed with all the screaming and gushing. Seriously. I've got two copies of their CD that Steven and I got free for going to the concert. Anyone is welcome to them. I actually like one song on there called "Lullaby".
Friday we decided to check out the "New Moon Experience" Event going on at the SouthTowne Expo Center. I had high hopes for something massive and cool. Nope. It was more of a vendors with booths kind of event. They had these photo booths all over set with backdrops from the movie. We chose Voltera. I've always wanted to go to Italy. Really, that was the best part. We're all about getting the goofy photos.
The BEST part of the New Moon Experience at the Expo....
The free cupcakes! WOAH baby! Those things were the tastiest cupcakes I've ever had! They were mini bites of decadence! Even though I LOVE to bake, I may just have to take a trip there to get more for Allison's birthday....OR Mine!! Here's a link to the BEST CUPCAKES EVER: So Cupcake.
That night we did see the movie as part of our winnings package.
Here's our Movie Review:
WE LOVED IT! I was pleasantly surprised, too! I was always on "Team Jacob" reading the books, and now to see him on the big screen...woah! Plus, after such a lousy first movie, that should've been in the toilet instead of on the screen wasting our time, it was a wonderful surprise that we all needed!
Would I go see it again. Maybe.
There's another movie I'd rather see first. "The Blind Side". THAT movie is absolutely incredible! Go see it...TWICE! It's THAT good!
4 comments:
You crack me up! I didn't like the Twilight movie either. I couldn't believe the hype and that people were going multiple times to see it and then buying it when it came out. I am going tonight to see New Moon. I am hopeful that it will be better. We are going to see Blind Side tomorrow. That is the one I am really excited to see!
Since I've never been crazy about any of the books, though I read them right off each time, I am not storming down the theater to see the movie. However, I do want to see it eventually. With my hubby at my side. Poor Brent. Sounded like a fun time for you!
I loved New Moon Doug and I are going to see Blind Side for a Date. Maybe our anniversary. 5 years can you believe it?! I feel old just thinking 5 years is no longer "newly wed"!
LOL I love your photos!
Post a Comment