For the last day of our staycation, we decided to have a fun evening outing. We've never gone out to a movie all four of us at once. Now that we've done it, it may be a few years until we try it again! Isaac didn't sit still very long so sitting and enjoying this movie made it rather difficult. Allison, on the other hand, LOVED it! She keeps telling me she wants to go see it again. Silly girl! Really, though, I know so many people raved about this movie, and maybe that was part of our problem. Maybe it was Isaac not sitting still. Regardless, Steven and I left this movie with a rating of, "oh, okay. Not THAT good."
After the movie, we went to the new Wingers by our house. It was totally unlike all of the others we've been to and more like the SkyBox Grill. We LOVED it!...and I usually HATE Wingers! Steven's so lucky I got the sticky fingers salad because I think that may be my new love and with how much he loves this place, I'm now willing to go back for more!
Over our week-long staycation, I think we all had a great time together. We were able to explore the fun within our own area and still get to sleep in our own beds. THAT is something I am always so grateful for!
In fact, we had so much fun on our staycation 2009, we may just do it again next year! I've found so many other places I'd like to visit we just didn't have time to get to this trip. Wow! Are we not the luckiest to live in such an amazing state that has so much to offer!?
Ideas for 2010 maybe? UT State Capitol Building, Ogden Train Museum, Sweets Factory Tour, Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum, and so many more.
If you have any great ideas please feel free to share!
THE END
THE END

5 comments:
We love the Capitol building. I told my husband that we are taking the kids there next time we are in Salt Lake. We love hitting different parks as well. When we lived there, we chose a different one each week and headed out with friends. Some of our favorites are Liberty Park with the "river" feature, and West Jordan City Park-- just behind the city hall. It is built like an old western fort and my kids love it. We also LOVE to go up the canyons. American Fork is our favorite. We went up to Silver Lake this summer and had so much fun just hanging out and being together without any distractions. If you haven't been on the Heber Creeper, it is a must once in a lifetime thing.
I think it sounds like a great idea! Let me know when and maybe we can get Doug to do some 1/2 days to got to the places too!
We just saw the same movie and I wasn't too impressed with it. I don't think that I will be buying it when it comes to dvd.
Everything just sounded so fun. We take way too much for granted when we think the only places we can vacation are far from home!
Look at all you guys did!!! SO fantastic!
Did you guys ever make it up to the Hill Air Force Base Museum? That place is great. You could take them out to Saltaire and Antelope Island. Not to mention Wheeler Farm. I always think we should go on a tour of Mrs. Cavenough's (I know I spelled that wrong), but it's always when we're heading somewhere and driving past that I remember, lol.
Sounds like you all had SO MUCH FUN!
Post a Comment