Friday, October 16, 2009

Staycation Day 4, Part 2

After going to the Copper Mine, we had scheduled an appointment to go to the Sweets Factory in SLC, but as you can tell, that didn't happen.  Darn it!  I worked that morning and didn't get out of the office in time, hence our change of plans.

We wracked our brains trying to think of something else inexpensive to do, and it dawned on us!  A Hike!  So, we high-tailed it to Sandy's benches and went on the Rocky Mouth Trail
 for a fun afternoon hike together!

I can't believe that living just a couple of miles from this trail for about 13 years and I'd NEVER hiked it! Steven had, so he knew what to expect and we were all so grateful.
It was up hill for what seemed like FOREVER and then leveled out as we got closer to the waterfall.  And oh what a beautiful water fall it was!  You can go right up and touch it!  I'm just grateful there was a perfectly placed tree limb sticking out so I could position the camera just-so for these fun family photos!

On our upward climb!

There were some very cool yet scary "caves". 
It took me a lot of courage to get inside for this photo.  I was so terrified something was going to get me, but I kept it together so Allison didn't know my inner turmoil!!


A request for an individual photo from this princess.

The kids wanted to touch the waterfall and I'm so glad it was easily accessible to do that!


WHAT A FUN HIKE!!!

Day 5
"Up" the Movie & Dinner Out

1 comment:

Julie L said...

Oh, that does look fun. What a great week you had! We live in one of the most gorgeous places on earth, I think. It's easy to take for granted. Thanks for the reminder that we shouldn't.