Sunday, July 5, 2009

Completely Exhausted!

This holiday weekend has been filled with all kinds of fun activities (will post pictures soon)...all starting EARLY morning and lasting into late evening! Isaac was lucky to get any mini snoozes in at any point throughout the day and the rest of us wished we could stop and do the same.
Allison & Isaac both fell asleep watching the fireworks after the Bees game. The game went into extra innings and so the fireworks show didn't start until around 11:30 p.m.! I'm surprised the kids held out this long!
When kids are tired enough, not even LOUD booming fireworks will wake them from their slumber!
The pictures of Isaac, here, are from last Sunday. He was so tired that I carried him to the top of the stairs and set him down so I could run to the restroom. This is how I found him. He was so tired that he didn't make it any further!
It was so cute, I couldn't wake him until after I took pictures.
He didn't wake up when I moved him, though. Such a tired boy!
This is how we all looked today after church! We got home about 5 p.m. and instead of dinner, we all crashed for naps on the living room floor (minus Allison who was more interested in watching cartoons). Why the living room floor...who knows. Maybe we were just THAT tired and walking the extra 15 steps to get into bed was just too much work for our tired little legs. Our beds would have been a much better option, I know! Silly, we slept till 8 p.m.!! Though, I don't think it completely recharged us from this weekend of fun. I think we'll need a good week to recover and get our bodies back on schedule.
Hope you had a fun 4th of July, too!

5 comments:

Julie L said...

Know the feeling! Oh, how good a Sunday afternoon nap feels after a late night!

Amy said...

I am right there with you. This week end was exhausting! I think I will use today to take naps with Zac.

LaurieW said...

It looks like you all had SO MUCH FUN! How cute is Isaac on the floor. My favorite "falling asleep" places for my kids seems to be the kitchen table, lol. They make such great pics.

Anonymous said...

Cute! So precious. And sleepy. :)

sandi said...

Your carpet looks so soft and comfy....why get into bed? Such cute pictures of the kids.