Monday, June 29, 2009

Lehi Round-up Days

Every year we begin our Summer festivities with our trek to Lehi, UT to participate in all the Round-Up Days fun! I would do more, since I {HEART} Lehi, but it just doesn't make sense to go to everything anymore with our crazy schedules and the 30 min drive each way and that's without traffic. Sniff.
After my 5k, we went to grab some breakfast at my favorite local restaurant, The One Man Band Diner, and then headed to watch the parade!
The theme was, "If I could, I would...."
This is my special float since it's from our ward when we lived in Lehi! The firefighter is my friend, Nicole's little girl! I can't believe how BIG Brooklyn is now and just so cute!
This Thomas float was Isaac's favorite, though Elmo was a close 2nd.
He was scared at the beginning of the parade, then started really enjoying it...even waved to all the floats as they passed...Aww!
This was Steven's favorite. He likes parades best for the MARCHING BANDS! Yup!
He holds a special place in his heart for the Trombone players, since that's what he played. This is the American Fork H.S. Marching Band. They were super impressive AND put the Trombone players smack in front. Just like Steven likes it! So, this picture is for you, Steven!
What's a Round-up Week without a RODEO!?!
We HAVE to go to this Rodeo every single year! I put it on my calendar that tickets go on sale June 1st and we always go on the last night, Saturday. We {HEART} the Lehi Rodeo!!!
This is Lecile the Clown. He is HILARIOUS, though his jokes tend to be a bit off-color. If you know me, though, you know I tend to enjoy them... ;0)
Oh boy! They all move so fast I couldln't get a good shot. The cowboy was trying to rope the calf. I can't remember the name of that maneuver. Sorry. The animals are incredible!!!
In attendance (LtoR): James, Michael, Patrice (Michael's G-friend), Mom, Baby Max, Dad
Not pictured but still there: Suzanne, Me, Alex, Isaac
(Steven was working at the Real SL game and Allison was driving back from Dutch John, UT-by Flaming Gorge-with her Gma Dixie)
The Bull-Riding at the end...LOVE it!
Alright, Summer! We're ready for you now! Bring it on....

3 comments:

Buchanan Fam said...

So you did the 5k? Good for you!

PheMom said...

That all looks so fun! What a great family day! One 5K down, how many more to go?

Amy said...

I wish we could have gone to the Rodeo, but it is probably better that little Zac's first time be when he is a little older. I am excited for summer too!!!