Sunday, April 26, 2009

Baker in the House!

Lately, I'm really into using food storage whole wheat and keep finding yummy recipes to use it. This one is no exception!

Whole Wheat bread labeled "Seven-Minute Bread" I was instantly intrigued. I love recipes that are easy and require little effort though I have no problem with total time invested when it includes raising etc. So, after tracking down all the necessary ingredients (all found at Harmons) I ventured on to the bread making.

The recipe says it makes 5 loaves of bread. I crammed it into 3. They're probably a bit big, but oh boy! They taste fantastic and it was really quite easy and not so time consuming, too! Hooray! I may just stick with this recipe as our permanent bread for every day and not buy that grocery store stuff anymore! I'm just so excited that they turned out so well, even though a little too golden on top. Delicious!!!

3 comments:

Susan Fisher said...

Sounds like fun! You should post the recipe.

Glass House said...

you've been busy! I bet your husband is just loving the cooking!

PheMom said...

Yum! That does look great! You'll have to send me the recipe for this one too. I can't wait to hear how the sprouted one turned out today!