EEK! Our house is coming together!
Hard floors are going in.
Kitchen cabinets are in!!!
My first selection was to have the cabinets go to the ceiling with NO crown molding. All I could think about was how I needed/wanted oodles and oodles of cabinet space! Then it dawned on me. I'm not THAT tall. Nor is Steven. Neither of us could easily reach that very tip top shelf, let alone the back crevice. So, I went back in and brought the cabinets down and added the crown molding I wanted. I'm reeeeeally glad I did. I think I'll like this look so so so much better in the long run.
Our master bath cabinets. Double sinks. HUGE drawers. Two cabinets. No more sharing for anyone!
Shower inset (if that's what it's called).
Kids' bathroom upstairs. Double sinks. We insisted. I KNOW it will be so wonderful. It's what I had growing up and I'm sure it cut down on some of the fighting...over sink space anyway.
The view from the top.
The newel posts and railings are back to their unfinished wood state.
Ready for staining!
The newel posts and railings are back to their unfinished wood state.
Ready for staining!
Laundry. Just a better non-camera phone picture.
Basement bathroom. Single sink. Gobs of drawer and cabinet space!
Stucco and stone up close. You can really see the variations of the stone, the white, grey and slight orange. It looks soo good!
There was a crew installing the gutters and all that goes w/ that today.
Our house sans scaffolding. Still more outside stuff to go like shutters, driveway, lighting, front porch steps, etc.
Finish date...Less than a month away!
Finish date...Less than a month away!
2 comments:
Oh this is starting to really look great! Love the stone and love the cabinets with the wood flooring. Every single day has to feel like Christmas for you right now!
IT's amazing how fast a house can come together on the inside, hey? I can't believe you have a finish date already. That's really awesome! And I looooove that hardwood btw. We have a white kitchen and tan gypsum, too and at the moment we're putting up a glass/white stone backsplash to make the kitchen seem bigger and give a more upscale feel to it. I'm still waffling on hardwood choices(we have laminate) and we're doing a few other things, too. Hey, if I can't move, let's spruce up this 20 year old bag, right? lol.
Post a Comment