Friday, March 2, 2012

Eight is GREAT!

January 27, 2012
Our oldest turned EIGHT!  I know! I can hardly believe it myself. 
We wanted it to be a big day since turning 8 is a BIG deal. 
Steven took the day off work.
She opened presents All. Day. Long. 
Scavenger Hunt Style!
 First Present opening. She couldn't wait.
 A new coat. Ohh...la..la! We must be leaving the house, but to where?
 Breakfast. Homemade Cinnamon rolls. Specifically requested by birthday girl. 
This Mom didn't get to bed till close to 2 a.m. because of those cinnamon rolls!
 Breakfast over. Ready to go.  Present #2...a book. The LIBRARY! 
She guessed it! A puppet show.
 Not this one. A real one. 
This was playtime at the library while Mommy was feeding Kyle, after the puppet show.
 Ta-da! The End.
 NOT. 
Home to eat some lunch then opened her gift from the boys. 
 Then her next destination...oh what could it be??
Present #3
 AACK! 
"Earrings!  Really!? REALLY!?"
Completely, totally, udderly EXCITED!
 Excitement wore off as we walked into the store.  
 Earrings picked out.  Waiting.
 Before ears.
Scared, but not scared enough to change her mind.
 Mommy had to hold onto her hands so she would stop "checking" on her ears.
"Checking" to see if everything lines up correctly.
 haahaa...tricked ya!
 It's all over. Getting ears cleaned by Mommy.
 Oh yeah!  Now she's happy. It was all worth it!
Says Allison to EVERYONE in passing...even strangers..." I got my ears pierced!  See!?  My earrings match Mommy's! Though hers are real diamonds. They're worth Millions!"
 At the Sleep Number store next door to Claire's, because Uncle James works there and she needed someone else to show off her earrings to.  
Opened Present #4...Nail Polish.
 Pedicures and Glitter Toes!  
Gramma Joan, Aunt Amy, Mommy and Allison.  
It was one big party!
 A fun day for a BIG girl!
We still had some daylight left, so we were off to the Aquarium.
 Touching stingrays.



 This "kills" me.  Zac (my nephew on the bottom left), wants to be big so bad. 
He mimics the kids. Here he is in action. Make me laugh!!
Happy Birthday, Allison!  
We sure do LOVE you!!!!

3 comments:

Julie L said...

What a fun day for everyone! That is such a great idea to make it into an all day celebration for the "big" birthdays. We finally went to the Aquarium last week for my oldest daughter's 30th birthday! Loved it enough to exchange our tickets for a two-yr pass - can't wait to see the new building.

Kara said...

Awh. I seriously teared up when I saw Allison's pre-pierce face. And just so much excitement for her super special day! You sure did make it wonderful for her!

P.S. I love that aquarium.

Natalie said...

That is the cutest idea for a birthday! So fun! I may have to copy you come November for Katie! I'm dying to get her ears pierced, but she's freaked out and wants nothing to do with it! Funny girl! Looks like a special day!