Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Grade-the first 3 weeks.

It's hard to believe we have a first grader now.  I really thought it would be so hard to have her gone most of the day, but we had such a LLLoooonnnngg summer together that I think it made the new school year that much more welcome.
Our First-grader in her new desk.

Just like last year, we had a sad sad little brother left behind when his sister went to school.  Though the recovery time this year was dramatically shorter, it was still so cute!
After school we talked Allison into getting a photo with her new teacher Mrs. Lindsey. I know you can't tell from this photo, but Allison really really likes her teacher now. In fact, we just finished her first SEP conference with her teacher today.  Reports came back glowing for all but ONE thing...I bet you could guess what that ONE thing is...
TOO TALKATIVE.  
Yup...shocker, I know!
Being a social butterfly (notice her shirt) is good AND bad, right!?!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Awh, new school years are bittersweet, I imagine. Every once in awhile I remind Teigan preschool is starting soon and she never wants to go. "Can't I just stay here with you, Mom?" It's sweet and completely unexpected. She really does love me. I think. haha.

Amy said...

She is growing up too fast!

LaurieW said...

We LOVE LOVE LOVE Mrs. Lindsey in this house ♥♥♥ I actually saw Allison at school today and we talked about how much she loves her teacher.