Technically, this could be considered just any 'ol Saturday, but we're going to call it our LAST day of our vacation. It's only taken me a month and a half to blog about it. UGH! I'm so far behind schedule and not just with blogging. Guess that's what happens when you have a fun-filled, jam-packed Summer! Oh, sorry. I'm not complaining, just stating facts. I must say this is the first summer in a LONG time that has FLOWN by. I mean, Allison starts school on Monday. I can hardly believe it! I have a first grader! Anywho. Back to our last day of vacation!

Like I mentioned in a previous post, we normally go to the Lehi parade and Rodeo on Saturday. Since Steven was working we mixed things up a bit this year. We still wanted to go to a parade, and wouldn't you know. Our very own City of West Valley was putting on their
Westfest Parade that same morning. So, we opted to drive 7 minutes to get to this one instead of 45 to Lehi. It wasn't nearly as grand and "homey" feeling, but it was still amazing in its own way. The part we liked best is that there were very few children in the location we sat so our kids had first pick with ALL the candy that was thrown our way. They didn't have to fight and race to get it. We could actually sit and enjoy.
This was Allison's favorite float...go figure..
How absolutely incredible does THIS headdress look, not to mention how HEAVY it must've been! They were dancing all thru the street. I can't imagine trying to maneuver doing anything but walking with that on my head! Impressive!
My
Chick-fil-A loving kids. I think the best part was when they came by with all kinds of goodies including a stack of free sandwich coupons. Gotta love it!
After the parade festivities, we went home and did our Saturday chores of cleaning and lawn mowing and such. Boring. Yes, but someone's gotta do it.
Later that evening, Steven had to work at the
Bees game, so we all joined him...even Grandma Dixie and Grandpa Steve. We took a break from baseball game watching to enjoy a train ride.
Okay, now that our week-long vacation is over, we'd better get back to our normal schedule. It sure was FUN FUN FUN!!! Thank you to everyone who participated with us and helped make our vacation even more fun! We love you!
1 comment:
Lisa, thank you for these posts. We grew up doing stay-at-home kinds of activities, and reading these reminded me of the fun things we used to do as kids with my family. They're all very special memories. And most of them didn't cost much more than gasoline and a little food which we would have had anyway.
Looks like you had a wonderful week!
Post a Comment