For the past YEAR (no joke!), Allison has been nagging at me to get her into figure skating lessons. Well she's never before been on the ice, but just loves to watch the skaters on T.V.
It's been a while since she last asked, so I was going to sign her up for soccer. BUT when I presented her with her options, she simply stated, "soccer will be there next year, Mom. I want to be a figure skater."
Well then. I made sure to go sign her up...promptly.
At the suggestion of the front office, I geared her up for all kinds of falls.
Because she's 6 they put her in the older class at first...then discovered I wasn't kidding when I said this would be her VERY FIRST experience skating on ice. They moved her down to the Snow Plow class. I'm much happier.
They started the kids off by using "walkers" on the ice.
It was really crazy looking, but effective.
This is how she spends much of her time on the ice.
After her first lesson, she came out telling me how sore her bum was. Pretty darn funny! This last week was her second lesson. She did a little better. Kept upright a little longer.
I can't wait to get out on the ice with her so we can fall together.
1 comment:
Hang in there, Allison. Every time it will get better. Every single Olympic winner was once where you are now. Just remember - they never gave up! You can be terrific!
Post a Comment