Saturday, March 27, 2010

Renewals are the WORST!

I had to get my Driver's License renewed before my birthday this year. I dreaded it. I mean, really dreaded it.


I LOVED my picture. I got it when I was only a few weeks married...still had the "Just Married" glow and come to find out, pregnancy glow, too. Sadly, that picture will no longer be shown.

No one will know how cute I can really be and/or once was.
Here in this picture....lies the passing of my youth...youthful glow that is.
Now if anyone asks to see my license, I'll be cringing. I'm Older, FATER, Less twinkly, and look more and more like my Mom than I ever thought possible. Not that I don't LOVE my Mom...I really do MOM, you know I do. It's just that if I look more like her it means I really AM getting O.L.D.E.R. I now understand why women complain so much when they age...
WAAAAahhhhhhhhh!!!


This SUCKS!!!!
Where's CHOCOLATE when you need it!?!

8 comments:

Karen said...

I hate my new picture too. One of the licenses I had (and I've had a few) I was so tan and cute. That one is still my favorite!

The Camacho Family said...

I had to domine this year and really do not care for mine. My last one was when I had lost 35 lbs and just found out that I was expecting so I was excited and felt proud of my self. This time I way 35 lbs and more since then. I really do not want to go back in, but when I move and if I have lost some weight maybe I will have the picture re-taken.

Natalie said...

This was funny! Thanks for the laugh! And the new one's a good picture too! But...I know exactly how you feel. My "just married" license was my favorite. My current one is with a 5 month prego fat face and sleep deprived eyes! :)

Julie L said...

You know my motto - if you don't like a picture taken today, just wait ten years. You'll look back and love it. You're gorgeous just the way you are right now. It would be dreadful to stay 20 forever!

Amy said...

I think it has a lot to do with the ugly licenses they are giving out. I think the blue with the capital was much more appealing to our features. I don't love mine either. I remember the last time the camera was higher and it gave me a more flattering angle. Oh well. It is inevitable we are both getting old, you more though. teeeheee ;)

NICOLE said...

Happy late birthday! I just had to renew my picture too and mine is Horrible! I hate it!! I feel your pain!

Becky said...

I think you need to change your way of thinking. You need to look at growing older and aging as the circle of life. Don't waste time worrying about wrinkles and such.....everyone gets older.....it just matters how you approach it. Drivers Licence pictures are not often the best pictures.....you look great in the other pics on your blog!

Kara said...

bleh. Who cares. It's the pictures on the walls of your home that really count ;)P.S. Dove chocolate works wonders.