This year we got a family membership to the Living Planet Aquarium. We haven't been there since Isaac was a newborn, so it was LOTS of fun. There are so many new exhibits to look at and it looks much fun.
Allison thought this giant frog was pretty cool.
I thought these jellyfish were AWESOME. Especially the way the lights are set up so you can see all their tentacles (is that what they're called?).
The Octopus. It was moving around so much! I snapped a couple of photos, then we noticed a sign that said no flash photography around this guy. Sheesh! I need to be more observant. Still a COOL photo!
Grandma Dixie came with us for her first ever visit.
Allison LOVES touching the stingrays. I don't. So Steven helps the kids.
Isaac was getting frustrated that he couldn't touch with his little arms.
So Daddy came in for the rescue. He was soooooo happy after this tail-touching experience.
Then there was the "petting zoo" area.
Isaac was in LOVE. I'm so glad my kids aren't afraid to touch weird creatures. I'm pretty content being behind the camera and just enjoying the kids' experiences.
6 comments:
So fun! We should all go together some time!
AHH! I went to post on your blog. hahaha. It IS the same. Too cool. Can I copy you?
So I love the LPA. We went there in 2007 when it was just getting started....they were in the beta mode and not a full aquarium yet. Has it expanded???? I would love to go again. Looks like your family loved it....did a bunch of things we love, too!
We have GOT to do this! Vienne would love to see the starfish, it's one of her favorite words. I'm not so sure if she'd touch them, but it's worth a shot!
Oh, I've never been there. Looks like a great place to go with the grandkids! I thought stingrays were really dangerous. And look at that!
I can't say I ever gone. However, we are trying to plan a little vacation and trying to think of things to do. This is on the top of the list. It looks like such a neat place for the kids. Neat place for Mom too.
What a fun way to spend some time with your family. I've never been there. I guess it's time to take my grandkids. Your kids are so adorable!!
Post a Comment