Allison really wanted to have a cake for her birthday, so I made a MINI cake for her.
It was SOOOOOO difficult. I didn't allow myself enough time for the crum layer to harden so I was frustrated with it the whole time.
She didn't care though...and LOVED it.
She didn't get to open her finished ceramic pony until her birthday.
Surprise!
I had grand-e-oso plans for fun on her birthday.
NONE of it worked out. Waaahhh!
Thankfully, her birthday was on a Wednesday so we ended up at Chic-Fil-A.
They do a fun kids night there every Wednesday and boy did that save my butt!
She had a BLAST there and played forever!!!
They had balloons for the kids, too...but none that were red...her favorite color.
Allison wasn't willing to settle, so she marched up to the counter and asked for one in RED...
This girl has NO FEAR!!!
The Sunday following her birthday, we had a big FHE at our house for my extended family.
I made a cake for all the January and February birthdays in our family.
This is the cake I made...German Chocolate Bundt Cake.
Later that night, we also had all the grandparents and some cousins over for cake, Ice cream and presents. This is the cake I made for Allison, per her request. She wanted it pink with strawberry filling. So, I complied. The filling was AWESOME, as was the yummy buttercream frosting I made!
Playing with the fun toys she got from her grandparents for her birthday.
2 comments:
Is this the birthday saga of all - what a fun week for Allison: THREE cakes? And all look wonderful. How in the world did you get your buttercream icing to come out so beautifully smooth?!!! Great job.
Side note: Just noticed your book list. I only recognize the Austin books and Undaunted, plus Kite Runner, which I am currently reading. I'll have to check into the rest. You always have a great library of books to read!
I am glad she had fun! Her cake looks great!!
Post a Comment