For this Princess' birthday this year, we were stumped as to what to get her. Being a month after Christmas can sometimes prove tricky, especially this year. So, we suggested a date night with Mom and Dad without the Mister. She was elated at the idea.
So, off we went.
We started with dinner at Rumbi's where I convinced her to get the teriyaki chicken instead of macaroni and cheese. She LOVED it! Whew! I was NOT about to pay $4 for a teeny weeny bowl of macaroni and cheese...when I can make a whole box for 50cents! Sheesh!
After dinner we decided to paint ceramics at Color Me Mine in Draper.
Allison chose the pony.
I chose a mug...mmmm...hot chocolate..here I come!
Almost done with my project.
Allison decorated her pony beautifully...lipstic and mascara and all!
Rockin' it out!
Here we are together showing off our pre-fired and glazed projects.
Steven was our photographer for the evening.
After we went to pick up Isaac at Steven's Mom and Step-Dad's house.
Both Steve & Dixie have January birthdays like Allison, so we picked up a little cake from
Nothing Bundt Cakes (my new FAVORITE place to gain weight) and took it back to their house with us to sing Happy Birthday to the January babes and enjoy big slices of yummy cake!
Post-Glazed project pictures coming soon!
5 comments:
I love the "experience" idea instead of opening a present. I've got another girlfriend who is choosing this alternative as well.....for Christmas, too. It's cool!
What a fun night! Terrific Idea, I don't care what time of year a birthday is in, to have special one-on-one time with both parents!
I love Allison! I am glad she had a fabulous birthday!
Oh...Nothing Bundt Cakes is MY FAVORITE! I could eat a bundtlet everyday of my life and die happy! :) Yumm!
Hi Lisa! I love you! Your line about favorite place to gain weight--it made me laugh right out loud!! I miss seeing ya! I need to come visit you sometime!
Post a Comment