We started out Day 3 of our Staycation at the Whitmore Library for a special storytime. They brought in some animals not often seen (Dragon Lizard, Hedgehog, tortise, lion-haired bunny, etc.) to help tell a fun story. All of this in honor of the movie "Where the Wild Things Are" coming out this next week.
The kids liked storytime, but it was so loud with all the little kids in awe of the animals that it did give me a headache. I really hate it when that happens.
After we went upstairs to check out some new books to read at home and found these fun decorations!
After the library we went to the Zoo. I really didn't think Isaac paid THAT much attention to where we were driving, but as soon as we turned onto SunnySide Ave. he was saying "choo choo" NON STOP!
Finally, I turned to him and said, "YES, we can go on a train ride, Isaac." He was all grins after that! I'm amazed at how mesmerized Isaac is with trains, so this picture is especially for him!
This is another thing Mister is mesmerized by. Every time we come to the Zoo, he wants to see this elephant statue. I have yet to figure out WHY he is drawn to it.
It's always good to see the turkey live right before Thanksgiving...right!? Great lessons learned. Good thing they're too young to turn vegetarian from this, yes?
Elephant Encounter. We had a lot of fun watching little baby Zuri for a while. It really is just like watching a puppy play.
SOOOO CUTE!
Of course I have a brave little girl who doesn't seem afraid to touch ANYTHING.
I'm very grateful for this characteristic in her, but O Man! I can't touch those things! I'm way too squeemish!
(That's Allie's finger touching it)
Isaac is completely terrified of it.
Cute family photo, though the elephant was making some noises, so Isaac had to keep his eyes on it! Funny kid!
We had a great day! Wore all of us out BIG TIME! I was pretty impressed with Isaac because he walked the WHOLE time! Up all the hills and down and even ran around, too! Oh boy! Did he sleep good that night!
Allison is much more inquisitive now. She likes to learn all about the animals and wants to know all kinds of interesting facts. It makes it all the more fun for us, too, since helping her learn helps US learn.
Day 4
Bingham Canyon Mine
2 comments:
I love reading about your daily adventures-- it's a great idea!! We're going to the zoo next week. I can't wait to see the cute baby elephant.
What a fun day! I love that you followed up with the animal theme at the library by going straight up to the zoo. Terrific idea! And I've got to convince someone that this grandma needs to take someone else to the zoo real soon before that baby elephant gets any bigger!!!!
Post a Comment