We rarely do anything vacation-wise as a family, but as the kids are getting older, we're finding it more fun to go and do...
Trying to work around Steven's crazy work schedule during the summer proved to be too much for us.
So, This week he's taking his vacation and we decided to do a "Staycation" instead of a long trip involving driving many hours AND a lot of extra moola we just aren't quite blessed with right now.
For DAY 1 of our Jensen Family Staycation we went to the
It was so much fun!
Allison liked this Totem Pole and insisted she get her photo with it.
I think this art is completely AMAZING!
Seeing it in person in Southern Utah is even more spectacular!
There is an area where the kids could look thru the windows and see the Paleontologists do all the work with the dinosaur bones.
There's even an area where the kids can work on excavating their own Dinosaur bones.
Isaac was more interested in the sand itself than the bones beneath.
Ooo! Cool!
How Scary!
Look at the size of that one!
Ancient living quarters.
We had quite a bit of fun at the UMNH. One of the reasons we went on a Monday was because...SURPRISE...it's FREE for families on Mondays. Who knew!?
So, that was a definite bonus!
There's even a physics demonstration on Monday evenings from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. that had Allison in AWE! Well, me too! It was pretty amazing what they could do with Liquid Nitrogen and the tricks they showed us about inerta.
We definitely want to go back and see more, but probably not during our Staycation 2009!
Day 2
Antelope Island
3 comments:
What a fun idea! Kevin would love the physics part of it. If we lived close enough, I'm sure he would have us there every monday. Can't wait to see what you did next.
That looks like so much fun. We haven't been there yet. I love the idea of a staycation. I hope you guys are having many fun-filled days!
I can hardly believe I'm about to tell you this but...we've never been there!!! How cool was all of that!
Post a Comment