If you look at my number on my shirt, you can see I'm number 8! I was one of the first people to register for this race WAY back when registration first opened at the beginning of the summer! I seriously can't believe this day has come, but I'm so excited and intimidated! There are SO many women in much better shape than me! But this race was all about empowering women, so that's why I was there. I wanted to feel empowered and finishing another race was going to do that for me....now matter how ill fit I am!
Allison ended up wearing my race day shirt. It really was super duper cute, but by the time I got to the front of the line on Friday night (when they told all 1300+ women to pick up their race packets) they no longer had any shirts left in my size. I sent a semi-nasty email about that afterwards. I was TICKED!!!
Since the race was at Sugarhouse park, Steven took the kids to one of the many parks. This is all the fun they had while I was sweating it out running up and down those killer hills for 5 kilometers!
What cute kids we have! This really is a very rare smile from Isaac.
He must have been having a BLAST!
Allison just likes to pose for the camera as if she were a model...silly girl!
I made it to the finish!!!!!
AND I was RUNNING thru the finish line!
It about KILLED me, but I did it!
My Race Results from StrideRite Racing
Place* Name City Age Age Group Chip Time Gun Time Diff Pace
575 Lisa Jensen West Valley City U 30 234 F 30-39 46:24.8 47:21.6 0:56.7 14:55/MI feel pretty darn good that I did just as good if not a few seconds better than I did in the Lehi 5k AND I had some pretty big hills to contend with at this race at Sugarhouse park.
Woah baby!
2 comments:
You. Are. Awesome.
End of story.
I admire any person who takes on running and keeps with it! Isn't it amazing how the body can adapt and change? Good job, LISA!!
So fantastic! I'm incredibly proud of you. This is not easy!
Post a Comment