Monday, August 31, 2009

Peter Piper Picked a WhAt?!?

Okay, I know we all know he picked a PICKLE,
but this particular Saturday, the Jensen family was picking PEACHES!
Oh so beautiful, delicious, juicy Utah County peaches!
Steven's Dad has a peach, plum, pear and apple tree growing behind the duplex he lives in (owned by his uncle pictured later in this post) .
Isaac really really LOVES fruit! He kept getting into the box of peaches Steven already picked and was eating them. He would take a few bites get about 1/3 of the way into it, drop it on the ground and go for another one.
By the time we were done picking, I think Isaac had eaten probably ONE whole peach while Steven had eaten 3 or 4 from helping Isaac finish each of them off! Silly!
Isaac really wanted to get in on all the action, so Steven lifted him up high on the ladder to let him pick his own peach. He is a big boy now, after all!
He was pretty darn'd excited about it!
And wasted NO time diving right on into his 4th peach!
Allison wanted in on this action, and especially the picture taking part, and climbed right on up that ladder, too.
Our cute princess holding the peach she picked. She was so proud!!!
Cute daddy-daughter moment. It's sad that Allison is so aware of how she looks in pictures now.
It definitely make it difficult to get a genuine smile out of her so I'm so happy when I get one!
We had a blast picking peaches and everything else.
A tally of everything we came home with:
Red Potatoes
(completely AWESOME harvesting those babies, if you ask me! I'm excited to try those next year!!!)
Zucchini
Acorn squash (we think)
Ornamental Pumpkins,
Pears
YUMMMMMM!!!!
Our little photographer princess just wanted to take a picture of Uncle Don picking a peach, too. She posed him like this to get a picture she wanted. She's too funny!
THANK YOU
Tom, Pam & Uncle Don for letting us visit and showing us all the fun foods you've been growing and allowing us to take so much home! We love you!

1 comment:

Julie L said...

I so sense a budding photographer in Allison! Fun pictures. I really goof up because I NEVER take pictures of the every day activities. I'm totally missing out! Gotta learn from your great example.