Thursday, May 14, 2009

A happy Mother's Day for this Mom

Preface: I do not like Mother's Day. I'm sorry for those of you who do love it and for my bad attitude. I just get so tired of feeling like I do a bad job by those that are so amazing at being mothers. Really, I do aspire to be a supermom, but fail at it all the time and just don't want that failure rubbed in my face! So, with that said.....


I had a very happy Mother's Day this year!

It was quite surprising to me actually!

I woke up to this.... The self-proclaimed (his 2004 T-shirt from old Navy helping out) Greatest Dad/Husband making me breakfast. No it wasn't breakfast in bed, but HE made it ALL BY HIMSELF!!! That in itself is a big feat! AND it tasted fantastic!!! Way to go Hunna!
German pancakes topped with butter and powdered sugar for breakfast, yum!
Steven didn't have any bishopric meetings this particular morning, so I took my time getting ready while he got the kids ready. This is how Isaac turned out....
We didn't realize this one-legged creature was created until a fussing was heard. It was HYSTERICAL! Isaac was quite distraught about his lack of mobility! We just wanted to laugh and laugh...
Steven fixing the situation while laughing about it!
My Handsome Mister.
Allison wanting to be my model so I could show off the flowers my Mom gave me for Mother's Day! They're beautiful, Mom! Thanks!
Allie wanted to take pictures of me, so this is what we ended up with. Sitting outside showing off the gifts Steven and the kids gave me. A cookbook and a gift card to Tai Pan Trading!
We were off to my parent's house shortly after this for a Mother's Day dinner of Salmon and King Crab Legs with Angel food cake and strawberries for dessert! Yummers!
Thank you to my wonderful family for changing my opinion this year on Mother's Day. It means a lot to me that it was so special and fun. I love you all!

6 comments:

Kira said...

I hate Mothers day too. I always end the day crying and feeling like crud. This one was nice because we blessed the baby so it was more about her.
P.S. I LOVE that cookbook. Try the missionary meatloaf (sans bacon and sauce), caramel corn, and beef stew....you won't be sorry.

The Camacho Family said...

I am glad that I am not in the same boat. I have not been a fan of Mother's day for myself. Chris usually has to work that day so I am left alone for the day with no pampering :(. I am glad however that your mothers day was wonderful.

PheMom said...

Very awesome indeed! That does look completely YUM!

sandi said...

I'm with you on the Mother's Day Blues. Sometimes they are great and sometimes not so much. This year was just ok. I'm glad you enjoyed yours. Your pictures are great!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you commented on my blog so I could find yours. Your kids are beautiful...I'm excited to keep up with your family via blogger!

Al and Jenny said...

It was so fun to see your comments on my blog! Looks like a great mother's day for you! I'm impressed that Steve cooked breakfast! Your kids are adorable. I love Ally's blue dress...Gymboree?

Al is going into general surgery. We're moving in a couple of weeks. Crazy, huh.