My kids LOVED it!!!
I LOVED it!
It was slightly spicy for their little taste buds (weird since we eat medium heat salsa all the time...go figure) so next time I'll have to make it a bit more mild for them while adding a few extra sprinkles of the red pepper flakes to my serving.
I did decide that I am absolutely helpless when it comes to cooking rice on the stove, though. It is driving me completely BONKERS that I burn the rice EVERY single STINKIN' time I cook it on the stove!!!! So, even though I've been trying to avoid buying another appliance to take up space in my already small kitchen, I think I'm going to have to break down and buy a rice cooker anyway. Darn it!!
Click here for the recipe on Holly's website. And THANKS, Holly for sharing something so yummy!
4 comments:
Add more water to cook the rice through and stir the rice to keep it from sticking to the pan. Keep it on medium heat. I cook it until the water is barely there. I hope this helps you out. I can even show you if you like.
I had made one like this before and didn't really like it. It was too hot (we are big salsa people too so I didn't get it). On the rice...tupperware sells a micro cooker that cooks rice perfectly in the micro anytime. It also works great for vegies and you can make a cake in it too with just a mix and a can of diet soda. It is a pretty good multi tasker. Maybe that would work (I can't cook rice on the stove either).
never tried to cook rice on the stove and dont care to. I like mom's method of putting rice in the microwave.
Sounds yummy! We'll have to try it. And rice? I learned long ago to use the boil-in-a-bag method, lol.
Post a Comment