If you are a popcorn lover, listen up. I found the BEST product! The Nordicware Popcorn Popper. It actually works in the microwave! Holy cow! I know! We love to pop ours on the stove with a bit of oil, but now having this handy little gadget, makes my life a lot easier and FASTER, too!Here's the scoop from the online description:
The 3-Qt. Popper makes light and fluffy popcorn in about 4 minutes. Just place 1/2-cup of popcorn kernels in the bottom bowl and cover with the lid. No oil needed, makes up to 12 cups of popped corn.
I used 2 T. oil and 1/3-1/2 c. popcorn kernels and it turned out fabulous, though only took about 3 min. (I had to listen). Plus, we served it up right in the handy bowl=fewer dishes! Wahoo!
So since my rice cooker broke I've been burning a lot of rice on the stove, so to try to avoid that, I decided to try this bowl to cook my rice in....Ta da! It worked GREAT!!!!
I bought mine at Orson Gygi (my new fav store) for $11. Not bad!
2 comments:
so did it say on the box that you could cook rice in it too? Or are you just a genius and figured it out? Too cool! Maybe Doug would like one?
It only had directions for the popcorn on the box, so I did the thinking for the rice all by my lonesome! Though, I think it would be so handy for so many other microwaveable thigngs, too! I hear you can bake a cake in the microwave and probably mac&cheese from the cheap box, etc.
Post a Comment