Monday, March 23, 2009

Coconut-Lemon Loaf

Way back in December, maybe even November of 2008, my Family Fun magazine came in the mail. I like to scan thru magazines only really reading the highlights since, frankly, that's all I really have time or the patience for. Well, I happened upon this recipe for Coconut-Lemon Loaf with a Coconut Lemon Glaze. I know! Sounds delish! Alas, it took me FOUR, (yes really) months to actually MAKE this recipe! I know, I know. I was just really proud that I didn't throw the magazine away before I could get to making a recipe like I usually do. Mine didn't turn out as light and airy as I had anticipated, but it was still very lemony and tasty. Plus, for some reason, I had to bake mine probably 20 minutes longer than the recipe said to get it to come clean when toothpick testing. Go figure. Despite all the challenges I faced with this recipe, would I make it again. Most definitely! I know what I did wrong and what I'll try next time to make it better. Besides, isn't that what baking is all about!?!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yum-O Looks great!