
Okay, so since I'm taking cake decorating classes, It made sense that I make and decorate Allie's birthday cake for her party this year, right!?!
I have to admit, I much prefer the cake mix cakes and canned frostings best (I HATE store-bought cakes, just in case you were wondering). Well it seems like EVERY stinkin' year she wants Ariel on her cake (past 3). So, being the ever diligent, wanting to have a great birthday for my daughter-kind-of-Mom, I found a picture of Ariel online and printed it out. Friday came along, and I started baking her cake about 1:30 p.m. No big deal, right! Well, it finished baking and we had to run to Steven's Mom's birthday party that evening and didn't get home until 11 p.m.! Yes! So, I found my MP3 player and started listening to Breaking Dawn (my first time "reading" it) and started working on decorating Allie's cake at 11:30 that evening...her party started at 10:30 a.m. the next morning. Almost everything went smoothly. I really didn't think it would take THAT long to decorate her cake...boy was I wrong! I finally slipped into bed at 5 a.m.!!!!
Would do it all over again YES YES YES!*I Love the way this cake turned out!
*I LOVE having a yummy cake I can enjoy eating and gaining weight from.
*I love the feeling of satisfaction and pleasure I get from knowing I, Lisa, created THAT masterpiece! Haa!
I do need to take some serious time working on my handwriting on the cake...and centering...oops! (I tried writing in red first, but my frosting was too runny by a lot...notice faint red behind "Happy Birthday Allison", so I switched to purple, but some of the red stayed no matter how hard I tried to remove it.)
Allison LOVED her cake and all of her friends thought it was pretty cool, too. They didn't notice any of my mistakes, and I'm grateful for that!
4 comments:
Kids are forgiving. Your picture looks great too. You should not be hard on yourself (easy to say). We just wish we had been there to partake!
WOW LISA!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so impressed!!! Did you try the pattern transfer idea to get this? I figured it would take some time, but till 5 am you are one loving mom! I think you deserve a pedicure..wanna go?! After my busy weekend I could use one!
P.S. I would have NEVER stayed up until 5 to do it. You are a MUCH better Mom then me :)
Wow! Let me know when you decide to go into business. I would pay you!
Thanks for helping me learn some new tricks on blogging.
Love ya!
Post a Comment