Thursday, September 4, 2014

Stewart Falls Hike

Labor Day 2014
We had the genius idea of going on a hike as a family. 
Our last hurrah for Summer, in a way.
Of all the hikes we looked at in our book, we chose Stewart Falls.  
It's up Provo Canyon past Sundance. 
 I can never resist a fun walking behind the crew, shot.  Love it!
Happy to be out in nature, we took our time going up and had to stop for photos at almost every tree. 
We marked our territory in photos...heehee!


He did NOT want to be left out. 
 Mom! It's a seatbelt tree!
Hiking Selfie.
The trees are already changing and looking INCREDIBLE!!!  
This picture just don't do it justice.
 

  We got two great naps from this boy on our hike. 
 About 3/4 of the way there.  
We had a boy around Allison's age take this photo.
I still find it funny that I trusted him to take a great photo w/ my phone camera.
Kids and technology...he probably knew how to use it better than I did! Haahaa!
 Kyle was pooped. He made it about 3/4 of the way there (Hey this is a 3.6 mile hike round trip and LOTS of hills!) Daddy opted to carry him.  
It was all downhill at this point so no biggy.
 The coolest shot! 
Everyone in my family made the cut! 
Can you see 'em all?
 Hooray!
We made it to the falls! 
Our first hike as a family of SIX!!
 A bit of sliding by Kyle.
Selfies! 
Three of my cuties. 
 Trying out the water and rocks.  
He wasn't a fan.
It was pretty cold.

 Breathtaking!

Absolutely zero pictures of the hike on the way back. It was straight up hill for what felt like F.O.R.E.V.E.R. Steven carried Kyle and I carried Ty. Let's just say, it's good the crest came when it did or we would have been sleeping under the stars that night.
Allison 10 1/2, Isaac, 7, Kyle 2 3/4, Ty 7 1/2 months.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Rad! Can you believe I had never done that hike? You guys rock!