This little guy gets to put up with all my extra distractions of having three older siblings. The worst distraction to date. This. I was getting ready to take the kids on a walk and put this guy in his stroller. Do I strap him in. No. Have I ever really done that. No. (I do now!!) He was peacefully waiting in the stroller in the area where the garage meets the driveway. I had to run inside to grab Kyle, who wasn't listening, when a gust of wind caught the stroller's awning and took it rolling down our driveway sideways into our front planter. (Yes, now I lock the stroller whenever it's stopped no matter what. I wasn't used to having hills so plentiful around my home till now.) It tipped over and out poured Tyler into the planter and rocks. I saw all this happening as I was running from my open garage door to rescue him. Thankfully, we also have some amazing teenage boys that live next door that reached him first and rescued Tyler. There was a whole lotta crying and shaking on both our parts. I was so super scared since it was a head injury and close to his eye, that I took him into the Dr. that night to make sure all was good. It was. Within three days, you would never have guessed that anything happened, but I know. I know how awful that moment was and how I'll never forget to buckle my babies into their stroller again nor leave their stroller wheels unlocked.

1 comment:
oh my gosh! This makes me sooooo sad. :( :( :( Such a sweet little face.
Post a Comment