Thursday, December 5, 2013

Our new medical Team

September 21, 2013
I was able to score some free tickets to the Children's Discovery Gateway's new IHC exhibit.  Since I could only get three tickets, the older two kids and I made the early Saturday morning trek into Salt Lake City to go play. 
Gotta say, though, the new exhibit is AWESOME!!!
They each had a medical scenario that they had to figure out how to fix.

Allison was all too excited to "cut" into the patient to operate.
"Yes, this is Emergency, what's your problem?"
Taking a chest x-ray
They've got skills!
Allison tried her hand at more x-raying
And an MRI
Isaac, "this is life flight tower operator. What's your emergency?"

Trying hard to answer questions.
Taking vitals.
Inside the life flight helicopter


going thru emergency scenarios.
We spent some time inside where Allison was a weather girl.
And spent some time inside the hurricane simulator.
Then there was some building going on.
And trying to communicate in different ways.
And no visit to the CDG would be complete without a visit to the mini village.
Add caption

2 comments:

Kara said...

Rad! I love hands=on stuff like this!

Unknown said...

Okay, this is really cool! I wanna do it! Why are the cool things for "kids?"