July 11-12, 2013
Our annual Coulliette campout was full of memories.
The biggest being the weather, this year.
It POURED on us the first 24 hours. I kid you not.
Thankfully, we had brought two ez-up tents and lots of rope and tarps.
Still, it was freezing!
|
| Dinner under the tents. |
| Serious cuteness. This boy was all smiles...probably because he was in HIS form of heaven. |
| Playing like bears. |
| I can't get enough, either... |
| The rain didn't seem to phase any of these boy cousins. |
| There's always time for roasted marshmallows when camping. It's a requirement. |
| This boy's shoes and socks got super wet...his feet turned into prunes. Sadness. |
| All bundled up in warm jammies. |
| One of the coolest things that happened that first night. FOG. And LOTS and LOTS of it! We saw it creeping in. We were all in awe. Can you even see Isaac and our tents in this picture?? Look closely. |
| Everyone was shocked w/ the quantity of pills I was taking...I'm so awesome I can do it in one swallow, too. |
| We survived our first night. Barely. |
| Allison and Lizzy. |
| There was a small break in the rain, so we ventured out on a walk/hike around the lake. |
| It was a good thing this wheel was there for little boy cousin entertainment. |
| "Mom, take my picture!" |
| Trying to be just like his big bro. |
| ||
| This boy had to touch EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING, I tell ya! |
| Playing at the lake. |
| And there is no such thing as throwing too many rocks and branches into the lake when you're a boy, either. |
| Gunnar was some seriously awesome entertainment for this boy. He LOOOOVES dogs. Gramma & Grampa's included. |
| Monkey see. Monkey do. Who started this game? Was it Lizzy or Uncle Steven? |
| Gramma Joan brought foam visors for the kids to decorate. This boy thought they were pretty cool and gave us a tough face to match. |
| It started getting overcast and gloomy again, so we opted to take a drive up Nebo Loop. These cows thought they owned the road. |
| Took forever to drive in some parts because they were blocking the road so much! |
| The clouds were suuuper low! It was an incredible sight! Daddy & Allison |
| Lisa & Steven 12 1/2 weeks pregnant. |
| Daddy & Kyle |
| We were driving IN the clouds. Absolutely aw-inspiring. My parents compared it to their visit to Hawaii the month previous. Wow!! |
| The Jensen Family |
| Kyle was being such a stinker on the trail..wouldn't move till I took his picture. He totally posed for this one. Cracked me up! |
| Selfies at Devil's Kitchen. |
| Mister. |
| Allison |
| Devil's Kitchen was GORGEOUS!! I absolutely love the red rocks! |
| Snuggle time for the boys. |
| Snuggling w/ her BFF, Gramma Joan. |
Friday night Steven and I decided to go home.
I'm not a fan of camping when pregnant, so add rain into the mix and you've got one miserable pregnant Mommy.
Even though everyone gave me a hard time, I still stick by my decision to go home early.
Allison stayed behind with Gramma and Grampa.
I hear that the sun came out and it was one beautiful sun-shinny day Saturday.
| The Coulliette Campers. |
2 comments:
Good for your family and the huge campout. What great memories for your kids.
p.s. why so many pills? Did I miss something??
Rain always adds an additional dimension to camping - and to the photos. I love the family photo at the end. What great fun and memories and I have to agree, it's hard to be where all you can do is track in mud. Especially hard when carrying that young one around in front.
Post a Comment