Oh wait...is that Chuck-E-Cheese's line? I can't keep them straight anymore!
We spent one evening playing at Toys-R-Us so Allison could figure out what to spend some of her birthday money on. I think we were there for TWO hours playing! Isaac had the most fun of any of us, I think. He found these Nerf swords and knew EXACTLY what to do with them!?! HOW is that possible I ask you!? He's only 2 1/2 and we've never had this kind of stuff around our house. I'm seriously amazed with how different boys are from girls. There is something in their wiring that helps boys do the math of sword=fighting or balls must be kicked or Mommy must be attacked and wrestled, or "wessle" as he calls it. Yeah. He LOVES wrestling!
Sword fighting with Daddy.
Isaac wins with a spear to the gut.
Oh the kid vehicles. I always wanted one of these too.
You can tell they're in complete heaven and they're not even moving!
Allison is trying her hardest, though, sounds and all!
He was GLOWING! We seriously had to drag this boy out of this store.
Why BUY toys when you can go to Toys-R-Us and play with them all!?!
What did Allison end up coming home with but an MP3 player. I would NEVER have guessed that she would choose that. Though I was very proud of her. She had the choice between two exactly the same MP3 players except for one had Barbie all over it and the other was just pink. I counseled her that if she bought the generic pink one she could have money left over to spend on something else. If she chose Barbie she would use all of her money. What was more important, listening to music or having something that also had Barbie on it?
Which did she pick...the generic! I'm so proud. She doesn't get to spend her birthday money very often. Usually I gather it all up and put it directly into her savings account (both kids have one). Now that she's getting older, it's time she start learning the VALUE of money and this was prime time learning...and she PASSED! Hooray for Allison! She's LOVING listening to her own music now, too. We get to listen to what we want again, while also getting bits and pieces of songs being sung from the back seat of a little girl singing along to her tunes. It's just so cute!
4 comments:
That's so fun that she loves music like that. The pictures from the store are great. Those are the kind I always miss because I won't pull my camera out to go to a store. Way to go!
Sounds like Allison had a great birthday this year! I love the idea of painting pottery, and who doesn't love a shopping spree? We are the same when we go to Toys R Us-- a couple of hours of checking everything out and playing.
We LOVE going to ToysRUs!!! We try to get out there at least once when the kids are off track :)
I can't believe she chose an MP3 player! I gave one to M for Christmas...she left it at the park and someone stole it! Now if she wants another one she has to save up the money herself!
Looks like you all had so much fun!
I love that she and Isaac sing songs! They are so sweet!
Post a Comment