Monday, August 3, 2009

Allison's First Day of School

She has been counting down the days...
bugging me incessantly for the last two weeks....
and now it's official...

Allison is growing up!
Waaaaaahhhhhhhhh.......Sniff...sniff...

Today I dropped her off for her
first day of Kindergarten!!
Aw, my princess is ready for school!
Can you see her happy glow!?
Waiting for her teacher to come get the kids in her class.
Elementary...woah! How time sure does fly!
The kids in her class all lined up and ready to learn.
Last week she was able to meet her teacher Ms. Thacker and LOVED her. Isaac was DEVISTATED that Allison wasn't getting back in the car with us to go home. He cried for a good 20 minutes after we dropped her off and drove home. I am doing okay, but this guy...I think he's going to need some time to adjust to our new schedule!

Okay, okay...so he was a bit tired, too, which just exacerbates the situation, but you get the idea.

5 comments:

Kira said...

AAAAHHHH how nice. I have TWO more years!

LaurieW said...

J had Ms. Thacker and loved her as well!!! So sorry for Isaac though. It's SO hard being the one left behind...

Julie L said...

What an exciting time for Allison! Having had all my children attend conventional, it threw me off seeing her going to school at the START of August instead of in three weeks when the kids around here go back. Thank heavens for air conditioning! She looks so cute! A whole new world just opened up for you guys.

Buchanan Fam said...

When I was teaching I always loved the first day of Kindergarten. It was so fun to see all the excited kids and all the crying parents! Congrats on making this milestone!!

Amy said...

I am so proud of your photography skills they are really improving! I love the one of Allie by the wall and Isaac crying! Too cute!