Sunday, July 26, 2009

Liberty Park Fun

I took the kids (all FOUR-my two, and my two nephews), and met some of my friends and their kids, to Liberty Park on a Tuesday. Well, if you don't already know, Liberty Park is pretty darn cool! They have all kinds of activities for everyone big and small.
Well, this particular Tuesday, we had planned on going to play at the Seven Canyon Fountain area where there are a bunch of mini streams that feed into one kiddie-sized "lake". Great idea, right!? I thought so, too. It was a HOT HOT day in July, and what could be better than wearing the kids out while they kept cool.
Alas, the fates were against us that day. Aparently, on Tuesdays...EVERY single stinkin' Tuesday, they close this Seven Canyon Fountain for cleaning! WHAT!?! I know! Thankfully, the ginormous playground within Liberty Park also features a "splash park". We were saved!
Isaac is standing in the center holding his shoe all by his "lonesome".
Alex (my Nephew), is the other shorter child in orange shorts trying to catch some water spray from the rings.
Alex was determined to get some of that water to drink. I think he cared more about that than actually getting WET in the splash park. You'd think I didn't pack a bunch of water bottles AND some CapriSuns for the kids to drink!

Allison isn't pictured. She wanted to play in the sandbox the WHOLE time! Seriously! We have a sandbox at our house so why play in one at the splash park!?! I just don't get kids sometimes!

No comments: