Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lisa's New Toy

Okay, so it's definitely MY toy since...let's get real...does Steven ever do the laundry? NO. Would I ever allow someone else to take over that? maybe. Would that be super incredibly horribly difficult for this anal laundry freak? YES YES YES!

The story:


When Steven and I got married 6 years ago, we opted to get a used washer and dryer set. It served us well... for a little while. The dryer died on us after about one year, so we replaced it. The washer was still plugging along, though. We saved them and put both in our storage unit while we were living with Steve and Dixie (Steven's Mom and Step-Dad) for 3 years! Now that we have our own home I've been using this 1/2 old set for the past 6 months (dryer is 4 years-old with only 1 1/2 years use).
Well, for the past two months, I've had the most random stains appear on our clothing. At first I was getting angry with Steven for allowing the kids to play in something that would do this without first changing into junky clothing. Then after it kept happening (I have so many clothes with these stains I've been working on getting out, arugh!) these brown stains turned from blobs to crescent moon shapes. Ta Da! I think I've figured it out! RUST! Our 20 year-old washer was finally dying! Sad days and yet such happy days!
I called our home warranty company on a whim, and to my surprise, we had the washer/dryer coverage added on to our plan! I'm THRILLED! So, after the repair guy came out and accessed the washer with the same result...RUST, the insurance company gave me three options. The one we took was cash! With the money from our insurance and from utility rebates we'll have not paid nearly what we would have for our new washing machine and I'm so grateful!

The new addition to our family:

LG
4.0 cu.ft.
HE
Front loading
Digital panel in the back!
(Great for kids who are drawn to the fancy buttons!)

Super fancy in comparison to our old machine....

...what a beauty she was back in the day...

4 comments:

LaurieW said...

All I can say is...

JEALOUS!!!!!

The Camacho Family said...

When Chirs and I first got married, we purchased a uses washer a dryer. They worked really well, until we moved into the condo. Every year we were put a $100 into it or more. Last year when the washer broke down again and Joshua was only 1 month old. We decided to get a new washer and dryer. We bought A Maytag front loading washer and dryer. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I know you will love your's as well.

Hillsdale Park Ward Programs said...

I got a new w/d recently and I love it! I couldn't find enough things to wash the first little while. However, I still enjoy hanging closes on the line over using the dryer. Enjoy them. I'm happy you got them.

Kara said...

I can seriously say I know how that whole scenario feels and I am now SO HAPPY for you and your new washer!!!! WAHOO!!!