
Flash Back 4 weeks....
I've been feeling like my belly has been getting bigger pants cutting in my belly and such, though I've not gained much extra weight (except for that dumb holiday 8). So, curious, I took a pregnancy test which thankfully, came back NEGATIVE with flying colors!!! But still left me curious. Why was my belly swelling so much!?!
Fast forward 2 1/2 weeks....
I had been feeling really bad for 4 days, but didn't think much of it other than maybe I had some kind of bug. But Steven's Mom being a GI nurse I decided to pester her w/ questions. She thought I had irritable bowels (sorry if that's just TMI)...my gutt feeling just kept saying otherwise. So, 11:30 p.m. Saturday night (Feb. 21) I had Steven tag along with me to the ER because of that "little wispering in my head", and 7 hours later was in surgery getting my APPENDIX out by 6:30 a.m. Sunday morning!
HOLY CRAP! I know!
Fast forward ONE week...
Well, so I've been in recovery mode ever since. Thankfully, Steven was able to take 3 days off work and help me around the house. Those were really tough days, too. Did you know they put air into your abdomen when they do laproscopic surgerys and some of that air STAYS IN!?!?! I didn't and HOLY CRAP (yes my favorite phrase) that air KILLS!!!! My new ward has been awesome! They brought meals into us all the way thru to Saturday. What a BIG BIG help that was!
Though I'm doing well, Sunday was such a HARD day! I was doing way too much lifting and bending than I'm supposed to be doing yet and since I was all on my lonesome (FYI-Steven was just put into the Bishopric 2 weeks ago-YIKES!), I really had no other choice but to lift a 27 lb. 18 month old in and out of his carseat and yank him back to our pew so he wasn't trying to climb up to the stand to sit on Daddy's lap!
Whew! I'm totally exhausted just replaying those events!
The strangest part is that when Isaac was born I had him via C-section, then 3 weeks later had my gallbladder taken out. BOTH of those were big surgerys and didn't hurt nearly to the same extent as this DUMB Appendix! I must be getting OLD! Wahhhh!! sniff!!!
I'm so completely grateful that I listened to that "whispering" when I did. Who knows how much time I had before my appendix may have burst! I don't think I could have dealt with that recovery time and I think my Heavenly Father knew that!
6 comments:
We are so glad you are feeling better. Old age stinks! We are so happy they caught you in time!
P.S. I have had the "air" left after.....PAINFUL!
I don't think the hurt thing is age, I had my appendix out the week after we graduated from high school and "Holy Crap" it hurt then. I am so glad you are feeling better and that you caught it!!
WHAT?!! I was expecting a surprise ending to the negative prego test. haha. Man, glad everything went well!
Whoa.. I am glad that you are doing better. That is crazy that Steven got put into the bishopric...he is too young!!! Or maybe we are all getting older!
Oh man!! I can't believe that! I'm so glad you listened to the whisperings. Good girl!! I hope you are in full recovery soon:)
geez Lisa! I am glad you listened to the little whisperings! I hope you are feeling better!!
Post a Comment